Sunny Breakfast Smoothies
Tofu adds body to this peach- and cinnamon-flavored smoothie. Your kids will love the vibrant colors and delicious blend of healthy ingredients you might not otherwise think to put together.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 crushed ice
- 1/2 cup silken firm tofu
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover. Microwave on
- high for 2-3 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain and rinse in
- cold water.
- In a blender, combine the carrots, oranges, peaches, juice, ice, tofu
- and cinnamon; cover and process for 1 minute or until blended. Pour
- into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 157 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.