Sunny BLT Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, cream cheese, pickle juice, mustard, onion powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. On two slices of toast, layer the lettuce, tomato, cheese slices and bacon. Top with egg salad and remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with turkey bacon, 1% cottage cheese, reduced-fat cream cheese and reduced-fat Swiss cheese) equals 536 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 491 mg cholesterol, 1,396 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.