Dress up BLTs with creamy homemade egg salad. Smoky bacon, ripe tomatoes and crisp lettuce make this sandwich visually appealing and delicious, too! —Kelly McDonald, Edinburg, Texas
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, cream cheese, pickle juice, mustard, onion powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. On two slices of toast, layer the lettuce, tomato, cheese slices and bacon. Top with egg salad and remaining toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sunny BLT Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p39
Reviews for Sunny BLT Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review