- Cut the asparagus into 2-1/2-in. pieces. Set tips aside; cut
- remaining pieces in half. Cook all of the asparagus in a small
- amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and egg yolk; gradually add cream
- (mixture will be slightly lumpy). Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add
- salt and pepper. Place ham and asparagus pieces (not tips) over
- crust; pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the top. Bake at
- 425° for 15 minutes.
- Pour remaining cream cheese mixture over top. Arrange asparagus tips
- over tart; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand
- for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 392 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now