Sunny Asparagus Tapenade Recipe
“I use fresh asparagus from the farmers market for this healthy spread, which can also be served as a dip. I like to make it for family gatherings.” —Kathy Patalsky, New York, New York
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sunflower kernels, optional
- Assorted fresh vegetables, crackers and/or toasted French bread baguette
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Place in a food processor; add the parsley, sunflower kernels, lemon juice, orange juice, oil, syrup, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Cover and process until desired consistency.
- 3. Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with additional sunflower kernels if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled with the dippers of your choice. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 64 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fat
Reviews for Sunny Asparagus Tapenade
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2011
"easy, bright and zesty flavor"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC