- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sunflower kernels, optional
- Assorted fresh vegetables, crackers and/or toasted French bread baguette
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place in a food processor; add the parsley, sunflower kernels, lemon juice, orange juice, oil, syrup, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper. Cover and process until desired consistency.
- Transfer to a small bowl; sprinkle with additional sunflower kernels if desired. Serve at room temperature or chilled with the dippers of your choice. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Sunny Asparagus Tapenade in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p25
Reviews for Sunny Asparagus Tapenade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2011
"easy, bright and zesty flavor"