Sunflower Wheat Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When the cycle is completed, tun dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 20 rolls.
Reviews for Sunflower Wheat Rolls(2)
Sort By :
easy and they turned out great, even without a bread machine!
I have made this recipe many times. It is my husband's favorite recipe and so easy to make. I don't modify the recipe except don't always put in the sunflower kernels. I make the rolls for hamburgers/sandwiches and get 10-12 out of the recipe.