Sunflower Wheat Bread Recipe
Coming from the Sunflower State and the No. 1 wheat-producing state, I'm always looking for recipes that promote our agricultural products.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 258 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC