Sunflower Wheat Bread
Coming from the Sunflower State and the No. 1 wheat-producing state, I'm always looking for recipes that promote our agricultural products.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons salted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions
- (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (8 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 258 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.