Sunflower Tossed Salad
While the chicken is cooking, you can get the salad ready," suggests Lynn. Mixed greens, sliced cucumber and crunchy sunflower kernels make Sunflower Tossed Salad a certain success. "Since we have salad with most meals, I make the nicely tart dressing regularly," she relates.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cucumber and sunflower
- kernels. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette
- ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 218 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.