Sunflower Tossed Salad Recipe
While the chicken is cooking, you can get the salad ready," suggests Lynn. Mixed greens, sliced cucumber and crunchy sunflower kernels make Sunflower Tossed Salad a certain success. "Since we have salad with most meals, I make the nicely tart dressing regularly," she relates.
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, cucumber and sunflower kernels. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sunflower Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p15
Reviews for Sunflower Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review