Sunflower Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, onion, sunflower kernels and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.