Not only is this salad a treat to eat, it's a delight to the eyes, thanks to the vibrant green and red ingredients. "I made it by combining several recipes, then added a few extra touches," tells Cathy Linzbach of East Grand Forks, Minnesota. "It's great to serve at ladies' luncheon."
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, onion, sunflower kernels and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and gently toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p23
Reviews for Sunflower Strawberry Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review