Sunflower Slaw Recipe
- 6 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (2-1/4 ounces each) slivered almonds
- 1-1/3 cups sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 pounds cabbage, shredded
- Break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning packets for another use). Place the noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring several times; set aside.
- Combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and salt; toss with cabbage. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in noodle mixture just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 66 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Sunflower Slaw
Sort By :
I agree to the suggestion to resize a recipe.
I made this salad for my niece's wedding reception several years ago when it first appeared in Tastes of Home. It was great!
would be nice if there was a feature that would allow us to
print a reduced quanity.