- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted salted sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar. Add water and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in sunflower sees.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Sunflower Seed Cookies in Country Woman September/October 1996, p11
Reviews for Sunflower Seed Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review