Sunflower Rye Bread Recipe
This wholesome, rustic-looking loaf is crusty outside and moist inside. "I prefer to use unroasted, unsalted sunflower seeds without the shells," Donna mentions.
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select wheat bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water of flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf, 16 slices (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC