Sunflower Popcorn Bars
Kansas is called the Sunflower State because of the wild sunflowers that grow abundantly. Cultivated varieties of sunflowers are now becoming an important crop for many Kansas farmers.
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, corn syrup and
- honey to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; stir in the peanut butter, butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add sunflower kernels.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Add syrup and stir to coat. Press into
- two greased 13-in. x 9-in. pans. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.