- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease
- the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into
- four portions; shape into 8-in. x 2-in. loaves. Place on greased
- baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Beat egg yolk and cold water; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with sesame
- seeds. With a sharp knife, cut slits in tops of loaves.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 loaves (8 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 110 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.