Sunflower Noodle Coleslaw Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, coleslaw mix, sunflower kernels and green pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, pepper and contents of seasoning packet. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 169 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Sunflower Noodle Coleslaw
"Great recipe! I used 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar instead of white and it gave it a little extra "bite"!"
"This was great 5 stars. I left out green peppers because my husband can't eat them. He said I should make it again. I used oriental noodles."
"Do you cook the ramen noodles?"
"Seasoning packet is in the Chicken Ramen Noodles Soup package."
"Where is the seasoning packet???????????"
"Took no time at all to fix. I used broccoli slaw in place of Cole slaw."
"The Oriental seasoned ramen noodles are even better with this. My husband, who hates coleslaw, swoons over this. It is amazing...even without the green peppers. I use regular canola oil as well."
"Delicious, economical, and easy. Thank you so much for this recipe."
"This was an easy light coleslaw to fix up for a cool summer dinner. I love it! It has become my signature salad for this summer. It goes to all the potlucks and BBQ with me."