Sunflower Noodle Coleslaw Recipe
Dressed with sunflower oil and kernels, this slaw is always requested for family get-togethers. Make it once, and it might become your signature dish.—Eileen Herman, Brinsmade, North Dakota
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, coleslaw mix, sunflower kernels and green pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, pepper and contents of seasoning packet. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 169 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sunflower Noodle Coleslaw
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC