Sunflower Kernel Cookies Recipe
For a deliciously different treat, try these soft fruity cookies. They're packed with crisp sunflower kernels.—Bonnie Neuberger, Clark, South Dakota
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup roasted salted sunflower kernels, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine the raisins, apricots and apple juice; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg and mix well. Combine flour, oats and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in raisin mixture and 1/3 cup sunflower kernels. Chill.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls and place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Sprinkle with the remaining sunflower kernels.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 each: 127 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sunflower Kernel Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC