Sunflower Ice Cream Pie
To create this special dessert, I combined all my favorite ice cream toppings—Oreo cookies, chocolate chips, caramel and nuts. The sunflower theme inspired the caramel "petals" on top. This pie's become a new standby at our house.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 15 cookies) , divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Black decorating gel
- Set aside 2 tablespoons crushed cookies for garnish. Combine the
- remaining crushed cookies, 3 tablespoons caramel topping and the
- melted chocolate chips; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a
- greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze.
- For sunflower, place reserved cookies in a 2-i. circle in center of
- pie. Top with walnuts. For the petals, drizzle or spread remaining
- caramel topping over ice cream. Outline petals with decorating gel.
- Freeze. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.