Sunflower Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 15 cookies), divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Black decorating gel
- 1. Set aside 2 tablespoons crushed cookies for garnish. Combine the remaining crushed cookies, 3 tablespoons caramel topping and the melted chocolate chips; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze.
- 2. For sunflower, place reserved cookies in a 2-i. circle in center of pie. Top with walnuts. For the petals, drizzle or spread remaining caramel topping over ice cream. Outline petals with decorating gel. Freeze. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Sunflower Ice Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.