- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 34 cup salted sunflower kernels
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil and greased the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chocolate chips, candy bars, marshmallow creme and sunflower kernels; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over chocolate mixture and stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6 pounds.
Originally published as Sunflower Fudge in Country Woman September/October 2001, p10
Reviews for Sunflower Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review