Sunflower Cranberry Bread
“I embellished this recipe from my sister-in-law with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. It’s a great gift during the holidays or for friends who need cheering up.” —Juliet Konieczny, Amsterdam, New York
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all the ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of
- water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine
- directions. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 152 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.