“I embellished this recipe from my sister-in-law with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. It’s a great gift during the holidays or for friends who need cheering up.” —Juliet Konieczny, Amsterdam, New York
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 3-1/3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all the ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine directions. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
Originally published as Sunflower Cranberry Bread in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p59
Reviews for Sunflower Cranberry Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2010
"Works great in the breadmachine. Good texture and taste. I will make this one again and again."