Sunflower Corn Muffins
New grandmothers sometimes get a little goofy - in my case it was "corny". Since our state is known for growing corn, I planned a corn theme dinner for our grandson's first visit. These golden mini muffins with a rich corn taste were a fun part of the meal.
-Nadine Brimeyer, Denver, Iowa
21 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in corn bread
- mix just until moistened. Spoon into greased miniature muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes
- or until muffins test done. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from
- pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen mini muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 125 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.