New grandmothers sometimes get a little goofy - in my case it was "corny". Since our state is known for growing corn, I planned a corn theme dinner for our grandson's first visit. These golden mini muffins with a rich corn taste were a fun part of the meal. -Nadine Brimeyer, Denver, Iowa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in corn bread mix just until moistened. Spoon into greased miniature muffin cups. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen mini muffins.
Originally published as Sunflower Corn Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p37
Reviews for Sunflower Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review