These cookies are a tradition in my Kansas hometown. Sometimes I add chopped nuts, raisins or dates.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, honey, eggs and vanilla. Combine
- the flour and salt; gradually add to honey mixture and mix
- well.(dough will be very soft). Stir in sunflower kernels.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.