Sunflower Cheese Ball
Having lived in the Sunflower State all my life, I've loved using sunflower kernels in a variety of recipes. Here, those crunchy kernels coat a creamy cheese spread. Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- In a small bowl, beat cream and mustard until smooth. Add garlic
- powder. Stir in the cheese, olives and parsley. Cover and
- refrigerate for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in sunflower
- kernels. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with crackers. Yield:
- 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 108 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.