Having lived in the Sunflower State all my life, I've loved using sunflower kernels in a variety of recipes. Here, those crunchy kernels coat a creamy cheese spread. —Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup salted sunflower kernels
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream and mustard until smooth. Add garlic powder. Stir in the cheese, olives and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Shape into a ball; roll in sunflower kernels. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Sunflower Cheese Ball in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p203
Reviews for Sunflower Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review