This tasty side has a great flavor and a nice crunch. Even kids who don't normally care for broccoli will gobble it up.—Jean Artus, Aurora, Colorado
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets (about 10 cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add broccoli;
- cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the broth, oregano, salt and
- pepper; cover and cook for 4 minutes or until broccoli is
- crisp-tender. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 80 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.