- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets (about 10 cups)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add the broth, oregano, salt and pepper; cover and cook for 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Sunflower Broccoli(2)
Sort By :
I really don't know if putting sunflower and spice will make non broccoli lovers eat this dish, but I'm a broccoli lover. My favorite way to eat broccoli is steamed so this was just ok. I probably won't make it exactly again, but I can see modifying it to fit my needs.
I like adding another vegetable to broccoli, so I used 1 lb. broccoli florets & 3 zucchini, than I cut in half lengthwise and then into 1/2" slices, then I just followed the recipe, and it turned out wonderful. I toasted the sunflower kernels earlier, and added at the end.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >