Sunflower Beet Salad Recipe
With just five ingredients, this simple salad comes together in no time! Beets and sunflower kernels might seem like an unusual combination, but the result is delightful.—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 1. Divide the romaine among four salad plates; top with beets, onion and sunflower kernels. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 159 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sunflower Beet Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC