With just five ingredients, this simple salad comes together in no time! Beets and sunflower kernels might seem like an unusual combination, but the result is delightful.—Shirley A. Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/4 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- Divide the romaine among four salad plates; top with beets, onion and sunflower kernels. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sunflower Beet Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p26
Reviews for Sunflower Beet Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review