Sunday Shrimp Pasta Bake Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Gradually stir in flour until blended. Stir in shrimp, celery salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine process cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms. Microwave, uncovered, on high 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add to shrimp mixture. Drain vermicelli; stir into skillet. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 558 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 281 mg cholesterol, 1,410 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Reviews for Sunday Shrimp Pasta Bake
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.