- 12 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute green pepper and onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Gradually stir in flour until blended. Stir in shrimp, celery salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes or until heated through.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine process cheese, tomatoes and mushrooms. Microwave, uncovered, on high 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Add to shrimp mixture. Drain vermicelli; stir into skillet. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sunday Shrimp Pasta Bake
Sort By :
"Like Kristine, I've been making this for my family since it first appeared in 2006. Even though most of our 6 kids are grown & living away from home now, this is still popular whenever they come home. The only change I make is to eliminate the green pepper because my hubby gets sick from it. Otherwise, I make it exactly as written & it's always terrific. Leftovers are great, too!"
"Just made this dish again last week and have made it often since February 2006, when it first appeared in TOH magazine. My family loves this, and it's a great company dish [I use white American cheese instead of the Velveeta, because of a severe allergy to Annatto, the food dye used in Velveeta]."
"Awesome receipe...it is one of our favorites."
"Have made several times, always a hit!"
"Have made this several times, so good! I also made it for work with chicken instead of shrimp due to a coworkers allergies and that was also good. A keeper!"