Sunday Sausage Breakfast Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic croutons
- 2 cups cubed mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the croutons, sausage and cheese. Combine eggs and milk; mix well. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 591 calories, 43g fat (21g saturated fat), 407mg cholesterol, 1054mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Sunday Sausage Breakfast
"Loved this!!! Used honey garlic sausage cut out of the casing and habenero heat cheese....excellent!!! Tried it out on 3 colleagues and they raved. It's simple to put together and very easy to personalize for taste."