Sunday Sausage Breakfast Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic croutons
- 2 cups cubed mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the croutons, sausage and cheese. Combine eggs and milk; mix well. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 591 calories, 43 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 407 mg cholesterol, 1,054 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Sunday Sausage Breakfast
"This is the only breakfast casserole I make. I have made it for years out of my Taste of Home magazine from 1995. It was in the "Men on the Range". EVERYONE raves about this casserole. I always tell them that it got it from Taste of Home. Thank you for making me a breakfast casserole rock star!!!"
"Loved this!!! Used honey garlic sausage cut out of the casing and habenero heat cheese....excellent!!! Tried it out on 3 colleagues and they raved. It's simple to put together and very easy to personalize for taste."
"I make this recipe every year, put it together Christmas eve, and keep it in the fridge. Put it in the oven Christmas morning and its ready when we are ready for something warm to eat. And my brother even likes it cold, cut into chunks that he can munch on while playing video games! LOL"