- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic croutons
- 2 cups cubed mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the croutons, sausage and cheese. Combine eggs and milk; mix well. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sunday Sausage Breakfast
Sort By :
Loved this!!! Used honey garlic sausage cut out of the casing and habenero heat cheese....excellent!!! Tried it out on 3 colleagues and they raved. It's simple to put together and very easy to personalize for taste.
I make this recipe every year, put it together Christmas eve, and keep it in the fridge. Put it in the oven Christmas morning and its ready when we are ready for something warm to eat. And my brother even likes it cold, cut into chunks that he can munch on while playing video games! LOL
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >