This filling, delicious dish looks as appealing as it is tasty. Servings of this rich casserole go a long way.—Bill Shultz, Walden, New York
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (6 ounces) onion and garlic croutons
- 2 cups cubed mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the croutons, sausage and cheese. Combine eggs and milk; mix well. Pour over cheese; sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sunday Sausage Breakfast in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p47
Reviews for Sunday Sausage Breakfast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2015
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2014
"Loved this!!! Used honey garlic sausage cut out of the casing and habenero heat cheese....excellent!!! Tried it out on 3 colleagues and they raved. It's simple to put together and very easy to personalize for taste."
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2009