- 2 corned beef briskets with spice packets (3 pounds each)
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 bottle (2 liters) ginger ale
- 1/4 cup mixed pickling spices
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Discard spice packets from corned beef or save for another use. Place briskets in a Dutch oven; add cabbage. Pour ginger ale over top. Place pickling spices on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender, adding potatoes during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Discard spice bag.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Thinly slice brisket across the grain and serve with vegetables. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sunday's Corned Beef
Sort By :
"Made this for St Patrick's Day, it was easy to make and tasted great!"
"I'm more traditional...I cook beef,then add potatoes,carrots,celery,and cabbage. after meat is done,I cook veggies and glaze beef w/mustard and brown sugar and pop in oven to glaze for a few minutes. Delicious!!"
"Was excellent. Made recipe exactly."
"kittysd, the spice packets are included in the package of corned beef."
"Why does it say to buy corn beef with spice packets, then tell you to disguard them??? Do they use a different cut of meat when packaged with spices? Are the spices that different from pickling spices?"