Sunday's Best Chicken Recipe
- 2 to 3 medium lemons
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Finely grate the peel from the lemons to measure 2 tablespoons; set aside. Coarsely chop 2 lemons; place chopped lemons and rosemary sprigs in the chicken cavity. Save remaining lemon for another use.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; brush with oil. Combine the minced rosemary, pepper, salt and lemon peel; rub over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Discard lemons and rosemary sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sunday's Best Chicken(7)
Sort By :
This is so good. As for the Nutritional facts they put them there for you to read. If you think it isn't good for you don't eat it. But, don't give it a bad review. Some people don't care and just want to eat something good once in a while....
recipe looks good but why cook chicken to internal temp of 180? USDA and most other authorities on safe cooking practices recommend 165 degrees. over cooking produces dry and rubbery chicken.
Having the nutrition info is great but if you don't specify an amount in ounces/cups for the serving size the nutrition info is useless. 6 servings from a 6-7 lb chicken?????? Even with loss to bone and cooking that is over 1/2 POUNDS of chicken per person. Way more than recommended 3 oz. cooked. 555 calories sounds high, unless the serving is over 1/2 lbs.
FYI 9 calories in a gram of fat (only 4 in carbs) the math is off on this...sounds wonderful and healthy!! Olive oil is the more healthy fat...and if it is a problem for you, do NOT eat the skin...:(
This was great so so moist I thought you would only taste the lemon but you don't.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Dinner Recipes >
- Easter Main Dish Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >