I am the busy mom of four and a nursing student, so weeknight dinners are often rushed. Sunday dinners are very important to our family and everyone loves when I make this old-fashioned chicken recipe. —Amy Jenkins, Mesa, Arizona
- 2 to 3 medium lemons
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Finely grate the peel from the lemons to measure 2 tablespoons; set aside. Coarsely chop 2 lemons; place chopped lemons and rosemary sprigs in the chicken cavity. Save remaining lemon for another use.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; brush with oil. Combine the minced rosemary, pepper, salt and lemon peel; rub over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally with drippings. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Discard lemons and rosemary sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunday's Best Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p70
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sunday's Best Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review