- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Combine first five ingredients; rub over roast. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight.
- Place carrots, potatoes and onions in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Unwrap roast; place in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat and vegetables are tender, 8-10 hours.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; tent with foil. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. Mix flour and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. If desired, add browning sauce. Serve roast with gravy and vegetables. Yield: 14 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sunday Pot Roast
"Wonderful flavors from this herb-seasoned pork loin and veggie combo! And so tender. I made mashed potatoes for the gravy to nestle in--that's what the guys in my family crave--and just put in extra carrots and onions in the crock. Hubby went back for a second whole plate! I was even more fortunate to have bought the pork loin on sale. WILL make again this coming fall/winter. Thanks Brandy (and Aunt Elvira, of course!)"
"I have prepared this twice. Great flavor and lots of ways to use any leftovers. The pork is fork tender. Many requests for the recipe!"
"This recipe did a great job making the roast so tender and I love when you can have an all in one meal that cooks in the slow cooker. However my husband and daughter did not like the caraway seed so I will not make this again, though I might adjust with different seasoning in the rub to come up with a flavor we all can like."
"I used fresh oregano and that was just too strong. I followed recipe for cutting potatoes, however they tasted gummy when cooked. Not sure why. Carrots were cooked fine though. Wasn't a favorite."
"This is wonderful!!!! Followed the recipe, but I did not make the gravy, though I'm sure that would be good, too. But I just sliced the pork, put it on the plate with the veggies, and spooned the juice over it. One of my new favorites!!!"
"Tastes real good but the vegees look yukky after being cooked in the slow cooker."
"All cooked well through. I didn't do the rub overnight as I had no time to do that. It was good, but it did lack some salt and some taste to it. Would not be my #1 recipe choice."
"I didn't do the rub overnight, because I didn't realize that was in the recipe. I don't know if it would have been more savory if I had. I thought this was still really good. Especially after I dumped a ton of salt on my individual serving. Hubby and child did the same and liked it. The pork came out super tender."