- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub over roast. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Place carrots, potatoes and onions in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Unwrap roast; place in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter; tent with foil. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. In a small bowl, mix flour and water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. If desired, add browning sauce. Serve roast with gravy. Yield: 14 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sunday Pot Roast
Sort By :
"All cooked well through. I didn't do the rub overnight as I had no time to do that. It was good, but it did lack some salt and some taste to it. Would not be my #1 recipe choice."
"I didn't do the rub overnight, because I didn't realize that was in the recipe. I don't know if it would have been more savory if I had. I thought this was still really good. Especially after I dumped a ton of salt on my individual serving. Hubby and child did the same and liked it. The pork came out super tender."
"My pork still has two hours to cook. I cut a slice and it is a little dry. why does john l939, hockeygmgp and sue zappa talk about cutting roast in half. I do not see that in the directions. with two hours to go and I hope it gets as tender as people say, because it is not there yet. will let you know. thanks, Sukie"
"A delicious alternative from your traditional beef roast. So easy to prepare, let it cook all day long and come home to the wonderful aroma and a very flavorful meal."