Sunday Pork Loin
My mom often made this moist roast, covered with a thick homemade barbecue sauce, for our Sunday dinner. When this pork dish was in the oven, you could smell the appetizing aroma all through the house.
-Mari Anne Warren
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place roast on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. In a skillet, saute the
- onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining
- Spoon 1 cup sauce over roast. Bake 45-55 minutes longer or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before
- slicing. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.