Sunday Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, undrained
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Combine brown sugar and garlic powder; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium heat. Remove from the pan.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine the Mexicorn, broth, stuffing mix and butter; top with pork chops. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 369 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,484 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.