Sunday Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, undrained
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine brown sugar and garlic powder; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil over medium heat. Remove from the pan.
- In the same skillet, combine the Mexicorn, broth, stuffing mix and butter; top with pork chops. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sunday Pork Chops(5)
Sort By :
The stuffing was very rich and flavorful when combined with the meat juices.
I agree about companies offering healthier products - and not just low sodium. How about MSG free, fat-free, artificial sweetener free, etc. I don't use packaged, processed products much anymore. Make your own stuffing mix and save some money! Save stale bread in the freezer. Toast it on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees in the oven for about 10 minutes, then cube it, toss it with a little healthy olive oil, your own seasonings such as pepper, sage, oregano and rosemary. And use frozen corn - it's flash frozen when fresh and has no additives, no salt, no liquids. All of the above worked great with the recipe, and leave out the butter.
STOVE TOP DOES MAKE A LOW-SODIUM VERSION OF THEIR STUFFING MIXES. YOU CAN ALSO DRAIN AND RINSE THE MEXICORN BEFORE USING TO REMOVE SODIUM, AS IT ISN'T OFFERED IN A LOWER SODIUM VERSION. I USE THE MEXICORN REGULARLY AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO DO. TOO BAD MORE COMPANIES DON'T OFFER US THE CHOICE OF LOW-SODIUM VERSIONS OF THEIR PRODUCTS.
My stuffing turned to mush, there was far too much liquid. If I ever try this again, I'll drain the corn.
This is very high in sodium. I wonder if there is some way to cut some of it?
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >