Sunday Paella Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook and stir chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add sausage and onion; cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add the rice, Italian seasoning, turmeric and pepper; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- 2. Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-18 minutes or until rice is almost tender. Stir in the shrimp, tomatoes, peas and sugar; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 570 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 190mg cholesterol, 1309mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 44g protein
Reviews for Sunday Paella
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.