Sunday Paella Recipe
My adult children adore this recipe and look forward to eating it when they come to our house for lunch on Sundays after church. I do some preparation for this recipe before leaving for church on Sunday morning and finish it after church. That is why we call it Sunday Paella. — Linda Rhoads, Lebanon, Missouri
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir chicken in oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Add sausage and onion; cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add the rice, Italian seasoning, turmeric and pepper; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-18 minutes or until rice is almost tender. Stir in the shrimp, tomatoes, peas and sugar; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sunday Paella in Fall Recipe Card Collection 2013
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sunday Paella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review