Sunday Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with ketchup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 10 servings.
If you open up a whole package of bacon but don't use it all at once, freeze strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. When frozen, transfer to a large resealable plastic bag. Remove and thaw strips as needed.
1 each: 228 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.