I try to make special foods for my family. So I add this and that to recipes to create memorable meals. This meat loaf often appears on our Sunday dinner table. - Patricia Van Houten, Elkton, Kentucky
Featured In: 30 Slow-Cooked Sunday Dinners
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with ketchup. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sunday Meat Loaf in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sunday Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review