Sour cream and cream cheese add delicious dairy flavors to these potatoes. They're special enough to serve guests and can be prepared in advance. Since I'm a busy mother, that's a convenience I appreciate.—Melody Mellinger, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with the remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p33
Reviews for Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review