- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with the remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes
"This has become our favorite mashed potato recipe for holiday meals. So good."
"These are my grandson's favorite potatoes. There are never any left. The only thing I changed was I use the golden potatoes. Wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us!"
"Tasty. Creamy. Easy. Quite the combination that makes this recipe a welcome addition to the kitchen arsenal."
"Yuuuum! These were awesome."
"I've been using this recipe for quite a few years. Whenever I'm having guests I make these potatoes a day or two ahead. Who wants to be mashing potatoes at the last minute when you're making the gravy, vegetables, etc? Another plus is that they keep their smooth consistency when reheating."