Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes
Sour cream and cream cheese add delicious dairy flavors to these potatoes. They're special enough to serve guests and can be prepared in advance. Since I'm a busy mother, that's a convenience I appreciate.—Melody Mellinger, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and bring to
- a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, 2
- tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with the remaining
- butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 300 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.