Sunday Dinner Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Sour cream and cream cheese add delicious dairy flavors to these potatoes. They're special enough to serve guests and can be prepared in advance. Since I'm a busy mother, that's a convenience I appreciate.—Melody Mellinger, Myerstown, Pennsylvania
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with the remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 300 calories, 13 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC